- Stonechat, Little Owl, 5 Meadow Pipits, 5+ Skylarks, Rook, Kestrel, Common Gull, 2 Pied Wagtails, Pheasant, Yellowhammer, 3+ Swallows, 3+ House Martins, Chiffchaff, Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 Green Woodpeckers, 60+ Linnets, c.4 Rose-ringed Parakeets, 3 Stock Doves, Song Thrush (DKC).
- GREY WAGTAIL still at Canons Farmhouse (JH).
- 2 Stock Doves (DKC).
- probable Grey Wagtail heard around Canons Farmhouse (would-be site first), Common Buzzard on fence near derelict barn, 2 Skylarks, c.100 Linnets, 40+ House Martins, 50+ Swallows, Coal Tit, Nuthatch, Kestrel, 11 Pied Wagtails, Rose-ringed Parakeet (DKC/JH).
- probable Grey Wagtail (JH).
- 80+ House Martins and 25+ Swallows (RDW).
- Yellow Wagtail, 15+ Meadow Pipits, Grey Heron*, 5 Skylarks, 2 Yellowhammers, 40-50 Linnets, Sparrowhawk, 22+ House Martins, 7+ Swallows, Bullfinch, Goldcrest, Nuthatch, 5+ Chiffchaffs (1 singing), Common Gull, 2 Lesser Black-backed Gulls, 3 Pied Wagtails, 3+ Rose-ringed Parakeets, Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 Green Woodpeckers, several Jays including 6 quite high SW over Canons Farmhouse (DKC).
- 2 Common Buzzards (JH).
- 2 Cormorants flew SE, 45 Swallows flew south, Blackcap, 2+ Chiffchaffs, Pheasant, Rook, Stock Dove, Kestrel, 2 Meadow Pipits, Pied Wagtail, 4 Rose-ringed Parakeets 20+ Linnets, 3+ Yellowhammers, Green Woodpecker, 2 Great Spotted Woodpeckers (DKC/MS).
- 3 Siskins flew south, 2 Whinchats with Stonechat, Yellow Wagtail, Northern Wheatear, Little Owl, Common Buzzard, Rook, 1+ Meadow Pipit, Skylark, 3+ Yellowhammers, 20+ Linnets, c.10 House Martins, 7 Swallows, Pied Wagtail, 2 Chiffchaffs, 1+ Rose-ringed Parakeet, Nuthatch, c.15 Stock Doves (DKC).
- Tawny Owl, Little Owl, ♂ Stonechat, 3 Rooks, 20-30 House Martins, 5+ Yellowhammers, Chiffchaff, 3+ Meadow Pipits, Stock Dove, 2 Green Woodpeckers (DKC).
- 2 Common Gulls and 6 Lesser Black-backed Gulls with 400-500 Herring Gulls and 300-400 Black-headed Gulls on freshly ploughed fields. Also Skylark, Goldcrest, 3 Chiffchaffs, 6 Meadow Pipits, Coal Tit, 1+ Rose-ringed Parakeet, 15+ House Martins, 4 Swallows, 4 Yellowhammers, 10+ Linnets, 2 Great Spotted Woodpeckers, Green Woodpecker, Pied Wagtail (DKC).
- up to 70 Meadow Pipits, 2 Northern Wheatears, juv Hobby, Common Gull, Rook, Common Whitethroat, 4+ Chiffchaffs (1 singing), Sparrowhawk, 4+ Yellowhammers, 30+ Stock Doves, 2 Goldcrests, 4 Nuthatches, 2 Treecreepers, 2 Coal Tits, 30+ Linnets, 2 Great Spotted Woodpeckers, 5+ Green Woodpeckers, Pied Wagtail, 4+ Rose-ringed Parakeets, Kestrel* (DKC/Paul).
- GRASSHOPPER WARBLER 4.46pm just west of south end of path across Big Field (wheat), Stonechat, 12 Canada Geese, 3 Common Buzzards, Swallow, Yellowhammer, 11+ Meadow Pipits, Goldcrest, Coal Tit, Chiffchaff, Linnets, 2 Rose-ringed Parakeets. 2 possible Lapland Buntings in Quail Field (south of Canons Farmhouse) flushed, very brief views (DKC/SG et al).
- GOSHAWK and possible Merlin (Paul).
- Stonechat still north of derelict barn, 2 Common Buzzards, c.3 Rooks, imm.fem Sparrowhawk half-heartedly chasing Woodpigeons, 3 Meadow Pipits, House Martin, 2 Yellowhammers, Swallow, 2+ Chiffchaffs, Pied Wagtail, handful of Linnets, Stock Dove, 3 Nuthatches, Coal Tit, Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2+ Green Woodpeckers, 1+ Rose-ringed Parakeet (DKC/JH).
- Red Kite and Common Buzzard recently (JH).
- 8 Meadow Pipits, 2 Rooks, 2 Grey Herons on Big Field, 5+ Yellowhammers, 10+ Swallows, c.22 Linnets, 2 Green Woodpeckers (DKC).
- Stonechat still, Common Buzzard (JH).
- from stall at Banstead Countryside Day: OSPREY flew south at 12.28pm, Hobby, Common Buzzard mobbed by 2 Jackdaws, Chiffchaff, Swallow, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Green Woodpecker, Herring & Black-headed Gulls (DKC/PW/PGo et al). Thanks to everyone who visited or helped out at the stall today, it went very well and we met many new friendly people who now know about the wiki
- Stonechat (JH).
- unconfirmed report of BARN OWL in evening at Banstead Countryside Day site (via DKC).
- Little Owl, 3 Yellowhammers, c.98 Linnets, Chiffchaff, 2 Great Spotted Woodpeckers, 3 Green Woodpeckers, Stock Dove, Nuthatch, many Black-headed Gulls including 46 on Legal & General (DKC).
- 1+ Yellowhammer, Chiffchaff, 4+ Swallows, Lesser Black-backed Gull, Nuthatch, c.7 Linnets, many Black-headed Gulls including 29 on Legal & General, Pied Wagtail, 5+ Rose-ringed Parakeets (DKC).
- SPOTTED FLYCATCHER at Lunch Wood 9.16am, 3 Hobbies, 2 Meadow Pipits, up to 3 Sparrowhawks, c.73 Jackdaws, Treecreeper, 5+ Goldcrests, 5 Nuthatches, Coal Tit, Blackcap, Common Whitethroat, 5+ Chiffchaffs (1 singing), c.20 Stock Doves, 2 Yellowhammers, 40+ Linnets, Swallow, 3 Green Woodpeckers, 4 Rose-ringed Parakeets. 2+ Lesser Black-backed Gulls, c.3 Herring Gulls and 50-60+ Black-headed Gulls in stubble flax fields (DKC).
- juv Willow Warbler & Common Whitethroat with tit flock in Banstead Woods also 2 Chiffchaffs & Treecreeper in Ruffett Wood, 50 Linnets at Canons Farm (PGo).
- Northern Wheatear, Hobby, 3 Common Buzzards*, 4 Meadow Pipits, 3+ Yellowhammers, up to 150 Linnets, 3 Bullfinches, 4+ Goldcrests, c.4 Treecreepers, 6 Nuthatches, 4 Coal Tits, Common Gull & Herring Gull with c.45 Black-headed Gulls, 6 Chiffchaffs, 3+ Blackcaps, Common Whitethroat, Great Spotted Woodpecker, 4 Green Woodpeckers, c.15 Rose-ringed Parakeets, 3+ Pied Wagtails, Kestrel* (David Campbell).
- Yellow Wagtail, juv Hobby, 5+ Common Buzzards (3*), 6+ Rooks, 5+ Yellowhammers, 10+ Chiffchaffs (3 singing), 3 Common Whitethroats, 2 Blackcaps, 11+ Goldcrests, 4+ Bullfinches, 1+ Treecreeper, 4 Coal Tits, 5+ Nuthatches, Pheasant, 5+ Swallows, Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2+ Green Woodpeckers, 5 Stock Doves, several Linnets, 16 Black-headed Gulls on Legal & General, Rose-ringed Parakeet (DKC).
- fem/1st winter COMMON REDSTART at Canons Lane opposite Canons Farmhouse, 2 Whinchats north of Canons Farmhouse, 2+ Yellow Wagtails (1 on Legal & General playing field), 1+ Meadow Pipit, Common Buzzard*, 3 Sparrowhawks (2*), Kestrel, Rook, 7 Yellowhammers, c.70 Linnets, singing Goldcrest, singing Coal Tit, Treecreeper, Nuthatch, House Martin, c.3 Swallows, Chiffchaff, 4+ Common Whitethroats, 1+ Stock Dove, 2 Rose-ringed Parakeets, 7+ Pied Wagtails, Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2+ Green Woodpeckers, Greenfinch (DKC).
- no sign of Common Redstart in afternoon but Sparrowhawk (PM).
- 2 Whinchats south of Canons Farmhouse, 8 Meadow Pipits, Hobby, 3 Common Buzzards, Sparrowhawk, Kestrel, Yellowhammer, 30+ Linnets, 13 Swallows, 4+ Goldcrests (1 singing), Bullfinch, 7+ Nuthatches, 2+ Coal Tits, 8 Chiffchaffs (1 singing), 3 Common Whitethroats, 3 Blackcaps, 2+ Stock Doves, 2 Pied Wagtails & 26 Black-headed Gulls on Legal & General, Great Spotted Woodpecker, 6 Green Woodpeckers, 7+ Rose-ringed Parakeets (DKC).